“When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can mere man do to me?
All day long they distort my words;
All their thoughts are against me for evil…
In God, whose word I praise,
In the Lord, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid.
What can man do to me?” ~ Psalm 56:3-5, 10-11
This week is one of my favorites and also one of my least favorite weeks of the year. On October 26th, I turn 23. Can I really be that old already? Wow! That is my favorite part of the week. My least favorite is the last day of the month, October 31. On October 31st, many people, Christians and non-Christians alike will celebrate a pagan and Satanic holiday. This year, I am doing two very different and new things that I am really excited about.
1. I am participating in my first ever blog hop. *points to picture above* Click the picture for more information and to enter the giveaway for the Grand Prize of $95.00!
2. I am hosting my very first, most exciting giveaway ever!
“Then you will walk in your way securely
And your foot will not stumble.
When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear
Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes;
For the Lord will be your confidence
And will keep your foot from being caught.” ~ Proverbs 3:23-26
In honor of my birthday, I am giving away Twenty-three books! As I started looking for books to giveaway, I decided to split the books into four groups: Historical Fiction/Historical Non-fiction, Westerns, Sci-fi/Thriller/Dystopian, and Ebooks. This means that four lucky blog readers will win at least five books.
The Bride Bargain by Kelly Eileen Hake
Ride the River by Louis L’Amour
West of the Tularosa by Louis L’Amour
The Ranch Next Door by Elisabeth Grace Foley (e-book)
The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
Red Rain by Aubrey Hansen
The Resurrection by Mike Duran
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Left Behind by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim Lahaye
Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti
Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
Historical Fiction/Historical Non-fiction
Peter’s Angel by Aubrey Hansen
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Emma by Jane Austen
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
The Matters at Mansfield by Carrie Bebris
Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand
The Silver Shawl by Elisabeth Grace Foley
The Parting Glass by Elisabeth Grace Foley
Love’s Golden Quest by Jamie Adams
Love’s Healing Power by Jamie Adams
Rocky Mountain Oasis by Lynnette Bonner
A Purple and Gold Afghan and other stories by Jordan Smith
There is a possibility of seven entries for everybody:
1. Comment below saying how you found the giveaway.
2. Leave a comment with advice for me for the coming year.
3. Share the giveaway on Facebook, Google+, and/or twitter. If you share the giveaway, make sure you comment and tell me you did so.
4. Blog about the giveaway. If you do not have a blog, email 5 or more friends and tell me you did so.
5. Visit the blog hop site (www.fearnotbloghop.weebly.com) and enter at least one other giveaway.
6. Follow my blog. If you already follow me, leave a comment below.
7. Scroll up the page, click on “Character Highlights” and read the character highlights I have listed. Finished? Good! Now comment below with who you most look forward to meeting in “A Mighty Fortress” once it is published and why.
VERY IMPORTANT!! In order to win the bundle you most want, you MUST say in your comment which bundle you are entering for. I cannot read your mind and I cannot just go by what I may or may not know about you and guess which category you wish to win. The giveaway opens today and will close at midnight on October 31st, 2013! The winners will be announced on November 1st, 2013.
One last note: I really wish I didn’t have to do this, BUT, due to the cost of International shipping, the three giveaways that are actually physical books is limited to the Continental United States. International people can enter the for the ebook bundle. Of course, if you live overseas and are willing to pay for the shipping, I might let you enter the giveaway anyway. 🙂
Have fun hopping from blog to blog and during this Halloween season, do not forget that God is in control and He can take away all your fear if you will just let Him.
“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” ~ 2 Timothy 1:6-7 (ESV)
Note: All Scripture is from the New American Standard Bible unless otherwise marked.