When you read this post, I will be on my way to Tennessee for a conference, but I did want to make sure I wished everybody a Happy New Year. I am looking forward to the year 2015. Four friends are getting married between January and June and I get to help with two of them. For one, my family and I have been asked to take the pictures for the wedding and we (especially me) are very excited to help with that. For the other wedding, I’m not exactly sure what I’ll be doing besides being music consultant and probably playing either piano and/or flute, though not at the same time. 😉
The new year is a time when people make resolutions. Well, I don’t really get into all of that, and I always like being a little different, so I’ll just list some of the goals I have for the coming year.
Some goals for 2015:
- Publish at least two novels and one short story. ( More details on that will be posted early next week.) Completed and then some (two novels and three novellas).
- Not get stressed out trying to accomplish goal #1. Yes! I did do that!
- Have fun helping my friends with their weddings. Who wouldn’t have fun helping with weddings?
- Crochet lots of doilies for the wedding in March. Finished with time to spare.
- Be more purposeful in my study of God’s Word and in prayer. For the most part, yes, but it is still a work in progress.
- Learn how to format my own books and get better at marketing. I am a little better at both, but I guess we’ll see how it goes later in 2016 when I try to format three novellas (ebook only).
- Read more non-fiction books than fiction books. I’m really bad at this. I’m still really bad at this. I have too many author friends who want reviews. And they all write fiction. 😦
- Be more diligent about practicing piano. So-so on this one.
- Survive tax season (I work at an accountants office, but am not an accountant). I survived and don’t have to worry about it this year.
- Be more thankful. Yep.
Do you have any resolutions or goals for 2015?