Today and Saturday, I have the privilege of having Morgan Huneke on my blog to share about her new book, Espionage. I hope you enjoy learning about it. Today I am doing an author interview with Morgan and she also has a giveaway.
About the Book
“Sir Roland has invited us to visit for the Autumn Feast.”
“Do we have to go, Papa? I couldn’t feast with the most crooked politician in all of Briznom.”
As the daughter of a Briznomian vassal lord, Vannie Cumberland has spent her childhood immersed in the world of politics. Relations between Briznom and the neighboring country of Calhortz are strained due to the tyrannical rule of the strytes. A proposed alliance could calm relations between the two countries, but would come at the cost of Briznom’s freedom.
When her father’s political archenemy invites them to the Autumn Feast, Vannie uncovers an evil scheme endangering the life of someone close to her. Personal enmity comes to a dangerous head as Vannie struggles to expose the corruption and stop the alliance. Time is running out.
Events are becoming too big for her to handle. Will Sir Roland’s son help or will things finally spiral out of control?
About the Author
Morgan Elizabeth Huneke is a homeschool graduate who lives in Georgia. She has enjoyed creating characters and writing stories since early childhood. Books have always been a big part of her life, never more so than when working at the local library. Her other interests include reading, playing the piano and violin, and politics.
Join in the excitement of Espionage and enter to win a special prize! The first prize winner will receive a signed copy of Espionage. The second and third prize winners will receive an eCopy of Espionage in the eBook format of his/her choice. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only.
Good morning, Morgan! It’s a pleasure to see you here again. What have you been up to since your last visit with us?
It’s a pleasure to be here. The two biggest things that have happened are 1. I got a job at my local library and 2. I stopped being a teenager. Yep, I’m a twenty-year-old librarian now. To add a third thing, I’ve now published my fifth book, Espionage. 🙂
If you had to summarize your book into one sentence, what would it be?
In the midst of an alliance controversy, a nobleman’s daughter must expose a heinous scheme by her father’s political arch-enemy to force him to align with the evil strytes of Calhortz.
Who is your biggest writing influence?
Hrmm. Tough to say. C.S. Lewis is definitely a big one. The biggest? I’m not entirely sure. He might be, but I’m influenced by so many different writers. But he’s probably the influence that’s been around longest and continues to stick around, so I’ll go with that.
How has God influenced your writing?
In so many ways. It’s more than just in making my characters Christians. A lot of times, my characters learn things that God is teaching me. Sometimes the story calls for a conversion, and so I get to share the Gospel. God influenced the morality in my stories. Since I get my worldview from Him, that’s where the worldview in my books comes from. In Espionage, He wove in an amazing message that I didn’t even realize was there until I got to the end. And it was God Who gave me an imagination and the ability to write in the first place, and continues to inspire me to use it for Him.
If you could say one thing to an aspiring fantasy writer, what would you tell them?
First off, fantasy does not require magic. If you don’t feel comfortable writing magic, that doesn’t mean you can’t write fantasy. Be creative. Other world fantasy doesn’t have to work by the same rules of physics that our world does. You can do anything. But most of all, it still has to be about your characters and their story. Fantasy is just the genre setting. The characters are what it’s still all about. And have fun.
Thanks for having me!
Monday, May 16
- Tour Introduction at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Book Review at The Overactive Imagination
- Author Interview at Homeschooled Authors
- Author Interview at Leah’s Bookshelf
- Character Interview at Knitted By God’s Plan ~ Vannie
Tuesday, May 17
- Book Review at Scarlett! Reviews
- Character Interview at Books, Braids, and Born Again ~ Sir Roland
- Guest Post at Bring Your Own Books ~ Extreme Story Research
- Character Spotlight at Jaye L. Knight ~ Vannie
Wednesday, May 18
- Book Review at ReadingAnyone
- Author Interview at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
- Espionage Inspirations at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Thursday, May 19
- Book Review at Scattered Journal Pages
- Character Interview at Bring Your Own Books ~ Kyle
- Guest Post at Jaye L. Knight ~ Working With Vannie: On Character Voice
Friday, May 20
- Book Review at The Art of Writing For Him
- Author Interview at Sarah Allerding
- Character Spotlight ~ Kyle and Guest Post at Rachel Rossano’s Words ~ Building the Briznomian Culture
- Espionage Trivia at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Saturday, May 21
- Book Review at Bring Your Own Books
- Author Interview at Knitted By God’s Plan
- Character Spotlight at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections ~ Sir Cumberland
Monday, May 23
- Tour Conclusion at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke