Wednesday and today, I have the privilege of having Morgan Huneke on my blog to share about her new book, Espionage. I hope you enjoy learning about it. Today I have a Character Spotlight for Sir Cumberland and Morgan also has a giveaway.
About the Book
“Sir Roland has invited us to visit for the Autumn Feast.”
“Do we have to go, Papa? I couldn’t feast with the most crooked politician in all of Briznom.”
As the daughter of a Briznomian vassal lord, Vannie Cumberland has spent her childhood immersed in the world of politics. Relations between Briznom and the neighboring country of Calhortz are strained due to the tyrannical rule of the strytes. A proposed alliance could calm relations between the two countries, but would come at the cost of Briznom’s freedom.
When her father’s political archenemy invites them to the Autumn Feast, Vannie uncovers an evil scheme endangering the life of someone close to her. Personal enmity comes to a dangerous head as Vannie struggles to expose the corruption and stop the alliance. Time is running out.
Events are becoming too big for her to handle. Will Sir Roland’s son help or will things finally spiral out of control?
About the Author
Morgan Elizabeth Huneke is a homeschool graduate who lives in Georgia. She has enjoyed creating characters and writing stories since early childhood. Books have always been a big part of her life, never more so than when working at the local library. Her other interests include reading, playing the piano and violin, and politics.
Join in the excitement of Espionage and enter to win a special prize! The first prize winner will receive a signed copy of Espionage. The second and third prize winners will receive an eCopy of Espionage in the eBook format of his/her choice. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only.
Sir Cumberland Spotlight
Physical Appearance: Dark hair, fair skin, tall, average weight.
Age: mid to late 30s
History: Sir Cumberland is a Briznomian vassal lord, a husband, and a father. He grew up at Cumberland Castle and, like all heirs, was betrothed as a young child. He took over the role of vassal lord from his father fairly early in his adulthood. From the beginning, he fought for what was right in Court, continuing the enmity between the Cumberlands and the Rolands. He also from the start made sure to be a family man, putting his family first.
Author’s Notes: Sir Cumberland is a strong man and a fighter in the government of Briznom. I liked him from the start, probably largely because of his strong principles and deep political involvement. See, I’ve been greatly involved in politics since I was eight years old, and it’s a way of life I hadn’t quite been able to explore previously. Not that the Cumberlands’ experience mirrors my own, it doesn’t, but with Sir Cumberland, I was able to delve into politics in a way I hadn’t before. Something I really like about him, though, is how he involves his family. He regularly brings Vannie to Court with him. Politics has always been a family mission in my life, so it was neat to be able to bring that to the Cumberlands. And Sir Cumberland is the one who makes it all happen.
Monday, May 16
- Tour Introduction at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Book Review at The Overactive Imagination
- Author Interview at Homeschooled Authors
- Author Interview at Leah’s Bookshelf
- Character Interview at Knitted By God’s Plan ~ Vannie
Tuesday, May 17
- Book Review at Scarlett! Reviews
- Character Interview at Books, Braids, and Born Again ~ Sir Roland
- Guest Post at Bring Your Own Books ~ Extreme Story Research
- Character Spotlight at Jaye L. Knight ~ Vannie
Wednesday, May 18
- Book Review at ReadingAnyone
- Author Interview at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
- Espionage Inspirations at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Thursday, May 19
- Book Review at Scattered Journal Pages
- Character Interview at Bring Your Own Books ~ Kyle
- Guest Post at Jaye L. Knight ~ Working With Vannie: On Character Voice
Friday, May 20
- Book Review at The Art of Writing For Him
- Author Interview at Sarah Allerding
- Character Spotlight ~ Kyle and Guest Post at Rachel Rossano’s Words ~ Building the Briznomian Culture
- Espionage Trivia at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
Saturday, May 21
- Book Review at Bring Your Own Books
- Author Interview at Knitted By God’s Plan
- Character Spotlight at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections ~ Sir Cumberland
Monday, May 23
- Tour Conclusion at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke