Last year about this time, I made 10 goals for 2016. This year I have a few more. But first let me share with you how last year went.
- Publish two novella collections, three novellas, and two novels. (One collection, three novellas, and one novel were published as well as a few short stories. The second collection and novel will be published in January and February, Lord willing.)
- Read at least half of the writing books I own. (Not quite, but close)
- Be more conscientious of the time I waste on the computer.(Yes)
- Finish the study of Revelation. (Yes)
- Read through the Bible in a year. (I missed too many days and couldn’t quite make it. I hope to finish sometime this year though.)
- Learn at least one new classical song on the piano. (I did learn Schubert’s Impromptu op. 142 #3, but it isn’t quite polished yet).
- Be better about responding to emails. (Yes, mostly).
- Finish the sewing projects I’ve put off, including my quilted dress. (Eh, not so much. And the quilted dress has been changed to a skirt, and still isn’t finished).
- Write at least one informational blog post every other month. (I believe I did manage to do this one).
- Keep on top of the church activities I am involved in. (Mostly).
Perusing that, I appear to have accomplished about half of my goals which I think is great considering I had a few curve balls thrown to me this year.
So now on to my 2017 goals. I’ve organized them a little differently because it works better for me, but here they are.
- Publish 4 novels and 1 novella
- Research World War One, Bible Times (especially Kings David and Solomon)
- Start outlining Fairy Tale Re-tellings and WWI novels
- Do better at planning marketing strategies
- Learn 2 classical pieces (Brahms’s Rhapsody in G minor and another one not yet picked)
- Arrange Carol of the Bells
- Practice at least 2-3 times per week
T-Tapp (an exercise program):
- Do Healthy Hormones at least twice a week
- Do Stepping Away the Inches 1 or more times per week
- Keep up with mending
- Finish quilted skirt
- Sew other clothing items with material already bought
- Finish fixing blanket for church member
- Finish Cardigan
- Learn Amazon Marketing Services
- Learn Book Review Targeter
- Finish the BSF study of John
- Read through Titus every day for at least 2 months
- Memorize the book of Titus
Phew! It’s a good thing I know some of those won’t take long, otherwise I’d get rather overwhelmed. I do have some reading goals as well, but those will be posted on January 2nd when I talk about making Reading Resolutions!
Do you have any goals this year?