March went very well for me! I hope it did for you as well. Here are my goals and the update of what has been done.
- Finish sewing quilt squares (Done!)
- Finish quilted skirt? (Done!)
- Promo books (Done!)
- Edit #2 and #3 of All the Way (Done!)
- Read 2 Writing books (Done! Mostly. I read and reviewed one and started another)
- Outline He Leadeth Me (Done!)
- Finish Blog Posts for Indie e-conference (Done!)
- Keep up with reviewing the books I read (Done!) #1, #2, and #3
- Edit #1/Type-up of He Hideth My Soul (Halfway done as I expected to get.)
April is going to be busy for many reasons, but mostly because I am doing Camp NaNoWriMo. I’m a cabin leader on the Camp NaNo website and a friend and I started a Facebook group to help encourage writers. Let me know if you’d like to join. As for my specific goals for April, here they are:
- Keep up with the Facebook group
- Write 2,000+ words per day
- Promo books on twitter
- Finish two writing books
- Keep up with reviewing books read
- Edit All the Way and send to proofreaders
- Get Be Thou My Vision and Blessed Assurance on Pronoun
- Total word count goal: 50,000
I think that’s everything for this coming month for me. What about you? Have you made any goals for April?
March is upon us already! How did you do with your goals for February? I did pretty well.
- Sew 4 quilt squares (Done)
- Order Proof Copy of Savior, Like a Shepherd (Done)
- Edits #2 and #3 of novella (Decided to wait)
- Read 2 books on writing (Done and reviewed both: #1 and #2)
- Prep everything for Release Tour and Facebook Party (Done)
- Do any research needed for All the Way (Done)
- Finish rough draft of He Hideth My Soul (Done)
My goals for March are pretty simple, but most of them will take a while.
- Finish sewing quilt squares
- Finish quilted skirt?
- Promo books
- Edit #2 and #3 of All the Way
- Read 2 Writing books
- Outline He Leadeth Me
- Finish Blog Posts for Indie e-conference
- Keep up with reviewing the books I read
- Edit #1/Type-up of He Hideth My Soul
How did your goals go last month? Do you have any for this month?
January was a good month for me. Here are the goals I made with a note as to whether they were finished or not.
- Send All the Way to beta-readers by the 16th (Done)
- Finalize Savior, Like a Shepherd and send to formatters by the 23rd (Done)
- Write 30,000 words in He Hideth My Soul (I’m at 16,000 so far!) (Done! Total: 33,216)
- Read Editor-Proof Your Book (Not done)
- Sew at least 2 squares of quilted skirt (Done)
- Get all books ready for wide distribution (Done all but 2 because they need to wait)
- Edit #2 of Novella (Not done)
And now for my February goals:
- Sew 4 quilt squares
- Order Proof Copy of Savior, Like a Shepherd
- Edits #2 and #3 of novella
- Read 2 books on writing
- Prep everything for Release Tour and Facebook Party
- Do any research needed for All the Way
- Finish rough draft of He Hideth My Soul
And there you have it. Busy, but hopefully not too busy. Do you have any specific goals for this month?
So, I’ve been doing this monthly goals update for a couple of months now. And with the end of one year and beginning of another, I forgot to update you on my December and January goals. I’ll get right to it.
- Finish rough draft of All the Way (Done)
- Finish Edit #4 of Savior, Like a Shepherd and send to proofreaders by the 12th (Delayed a week, but done)
- Edit I My Cross Have Taken (Done)
- Read The Art and Craft of Writing Christian Fiction, Editor Proofing Your Book, and How to Train Your Cat to Promote Your Book (Finished the first one, but not the others)
- Sew nightgown, get at least partially finished with quilted skirt (Done)
- Watch videos for the marketing courses I bought (Watched a few)
- Practice Piano at least 3 days a week (Mostly)
- Word count goal: 20,000 (Done)
Last year about this time, I made 10 goals for 2016. This year I have a few more. But first let me share with you how last year went.
- Publish two novella collections, three novellas, and two novels. (One collection, three novellas, and one novel were published as well as a few short stories. The second collection and novel will be published in January and February, Lord willing.)
- Read at least half of the writing books I own. (Not quite, but close)
- Be more conscientious of the time I waste on the computer.(Yes)
- Finish the study of Revelation. (Yes)
- Read through the Bible in a year. (I missed too many days and couldn’t quite make it. I hope to finish sometime this year though.)
- Learn at least one new classical song on the piano. (I did learn Schubert’s Impromptu op. 142 #3, but it isn’t quite polished yet).
- Be better about responding to emails. (Yes, mostly).
- Finish the sewing projects I’ve put off, including my quilted dress. (Eh, not so much. And the quilted dress has been changed to a skirt, and still isn’t finished).
- Write at least one informational blog post every other month. (I believe I did manage to do this one).
- Keep on top of the church activities I am involved in. (Mostly).
My Writing Helper
When did December sneak up so quickly? Maybe it’s the fact that there is no snow on the ground that’s messing with my mind. Since it is almost the end of the year, I have some goals for this month. They have been changing over the last few days, but hopefully they won’t change too much more. Continue reading