How is your summer going? As I write this, we’re in the middle of a two-day heat wave with a heat advisory. I’m happy I can be inside all day. There are some days I really appreciate my job.
I managed to do almost all of my goals.
- Outline Cinderella retelling Done! Plus doing another outline!
- Start hardcore research for WWI Done!
- Finish Rock of Ages draft 1, edit and prep to send to beta-readers Done! And sent it to the beta-readers
- Finish editing He Leadeth Me and send to proofreaders Done!
- Start figuring out Christmas story ideas for Christmas collection (optional) Done!
- Perfect the songs in the new piano book Not done, but I had a reason for it. My wrists hurt too much to play songs with lots of octaves, so I started working on Un Sospiro by Liszt instead.
- Finish reading and review at least 3 books Done!
As for my goals for July, they are a little more simple since I’m doing Camp NaNoWriMo again.
- Edits #2 and #3 of Lo, How a Rose
- Finish writing rough draft of Christmas story collection
- If those stories don’t reach my 25,000 word goal, start writing The Haven of Rest
- Continue working on Un Sospiro and get past the 4th page
- Finish beta-reading Bitter Winter
- Continue WWI research
- Stay cool!!
Do you have any goals for July?
Is it just me or did May just completely fly by without hardly touching the ground? I cannot believe we are already into June. What’s even more unbelievable is that Bill and I will have been married 9 months tomorrow. How can time have gone by so fast?
Anyway, enough about that. This post is about goals, so I should probably get to those. I got almost all of the goals done. Here’s the complete list: Continue reading
Last Sunday, December 31, Pastor Stephen preached a sermon entitled, Have a Fruitful New Year. It was the perfect sermon. The sermon was based on John 15:1-8 and talked about abiding in Christ so we can bear fruit for Him. After the news we got the Thursday before, I needed to hear it.
Here are some of my favorite points from the sermon, summarized by me.
There are two different kinds of people. Those who bear no fruit and those who do bear fruit. Continue reading
Happy New Year! It’s been quite a year. I didn’t quite reach all of my goals, but I had a few distractions like a courtship, engagement, planning a wedding, and getting married. I’ll post my 2018 goals later this month. But for now, I have my January goals:
Write 1,000 words per day T&O
Tammy’s blog tour
Finish edit #1 HLM
Send HLM to betas
‘Tis So Sweet blog tour
Edit #6 HHMS
Send HHMS to formatters
Finish anthology edits
Start working on Ta’Mara’s blog tour
How was your 2017? What kinds of goals do you have for this month?