March is upon us already! How did you do with your goals for February? I did pretty well.
- Sew 4 quilt squares (Done)
- Order Proof Copy of Savior, Like a Shepherd (Done)
- Edits #2 and #3 of novella (Decided to wait)
- Read 2 books on writing (Done and reviewed both: #1 and #2)
- Prep everything for Release Tour and Facebook Party (Done)
- Do any research needed for All the Way (Done)
- Finish rough draft of He Hideth My Soul (Done)
My goals for March are pretty simple, but most of them will take a while.
- Finish sewing quilt squares
- Finish quilted skirt?
- Promo books
- Edit #2 and #3 of All the Way
- Read 2 Writing books
- Outline He Leadeth Me
- Finish Blog Posts for Indie e-conference
- Keep up with reviewing the books I read
- Edit #1/Type-up of He Hideth My Soul
How did your goals go last month? Do you have any for this month?
January was a good month for me. Here are the goals I made with a note as to whether they were finished or not.
- Send All the Way to beta-readers by the 16th (Done)
- Finalize Savior, Like a Shepherd and send to formatters by the 23rd (Done)
- Write 30,000 words in He Hideth My Soul (I’m at 16,000 so far!) (Done! Total: 33,216)
- Read Editor-Proof Your Book (Not done)
- Sew at least 2 squares of quilted skirt (Done)
- Get all books ready for wide distribution (Done all but 2 because they need to wait)
- Edit #2 of Novella (Not done)
And now for my February goals:
- Sew 4 quilt squares
- Order Proof Copy of Savior, Like a Shepherd
- Edits #2 and #3 of novella
- Read 2 books on writing
- Prep everything for Release Tour and Facebook Party
- Do any research needed for All the Way
- Finish rough draft of He Hideth My Soul
And there you have it. Busy, but hopefully not too busy. Do you have any specific goals for this month?
So, I’ve been doing this monthly goals update for a couple of months now. And with the end of one year and beginning of another, I forgot to update you on my December and January goals. I’ll get right to it.
- Finish rough draft of All the Way (Done)
- Finish Edit #4 of Savior, Like a Shepherd and send to proofreaders by the 12th (Delayed a week, but done)
- Edit I My Cross Have Taken (Done)
- Read The Art and Craft of Writing Christian Fiction, Editor Proofing Your Book, and How to Train Your Cat to Promote Your Book (Finished the first one, but not the others)
- Sew nightgown, get at least partially finished with quilted skirt (Done)
- Watch videos for the marketing courses I bought (Watched a few)
- Practice Piano at least 3 days a week (Mostly)
- Word count goal: 20,000 (Done)
Can you believe it’s Fall already? I know I can’t. And now it’s October. And at the end of the month, I have to start saying I’m a different age. One that nobody will believe yet. I keep being told it’s a good thing to look younger than you really are. It just gets rather annoying to have people stare at you in disbelief and question you truthfulness. At 25+ is there really any reason to lie?
Anyway, I’m supposed to be updating you on my goals from September. To refresh your memory, here they are:
- Get Savior, Like a Shepherd ready and sent to beta-readers Done on September 13
- Start He Hideth My Soul rough draft (handwritten) Started on September 16 and currently have 17,000+ words written
- Get Faith is the Victory ready for publication Done and Published!!
- Edit All The Way (if time) Did not have time 😦
- Get everything together for book fairs (Sept. 18 & 24) and conference (Sept. 24) Barely, but I did it. The conference was great!
- Don’t go crazy (or is it too late for that?) I decided it was too late for that, but I managed to stay almost stress-free.
- Plan Truth through the Ages Facebook Party with Amanda Done! And the giveaways are still open for a couple of days!
With Christmas, writing, editing, and a trip to Tennessee for a conference all coming up in the next two weeks, I am going to take a blog hiatus. I will try to update people some on my progress on Facebook and Twitter, but I won’t have time to do so on my blog. Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year!
I don’t know if people are really interested in my writing status or not, but I do have a few updates. Continue reading