Today is the first day of September. Where did the time go? Tomorrow I start a new chapter in my life. The title? Married Woman. I’m a bit scared, but not really nervous. I know God’s been in control of this entire journey and He will continue to be as long as Bill and I keep Him at the center of our lives.
That being said, I’d like to reflect a bit on August and then move on to my September goals. There will be quite a few pictures.
- Make veil (DONE!)
- Make decorations (DONE!)
- Pack everything (DONE!)
- Move most things to Bill’s (DONE!)
- Read some marriage-y books (DONE!)
- Read a fun book (DONE! I actually read more than one)
- Finalize Gestern blog tour (DONE!)
- Sew a couple other things (undecided as to what they are yet) (DONE!)
- Have fun at the Bridal Showers (DONE!)
- Try to relax a little bit (DONE!)
- Finish wedding favors (DONE!)
Our favorite from the photo shoot
And the second favorite
Roses made from extra proof copies
My little brother is packed and ready to move with me. 😉
I couldn’t resist this picture…
Office with one color (one wall still looks like this)
The other three look like this
My wrist bouquet
Party favors being blocked.
It’s been a busy, but productive month. The best part is that everything went smoothly and here, the day before the wedding, I am barely stressed. Praise God!
I’m honeymooning for about two weeks, so my goals will be fairly minimal, but here they are:
- Have fun (shouldn’t be hard)
- Get used to married life at least a little
- Start Ta’Mara’s blog tour set up
- Edit Sing the Wondrous Story
- Edit He Hideth My Soul
- Figure out cleaning schedule for my new house
- Read three or more books, not counting the audiobooks Bill and I are bringing
Can you believe it’s almost August? And yes, I am posting this a day early. Because I have a post going up tomorrow that I didn’t want to overshadow. And I have time today, but not much tomorrow.
I actually completed all my goals in July!
- Write 15,000 words in Sing the Wondrous Story (or until it’s done) (DONE! Finished with 17,633 for the month)
- Complete two tour orchestrations (Only did one because the other person bowed out)
- Read something for fun (DONE! And reviewed it here)
- Sew wedding dress (FINISHED!!!! Except the veil, but that wasn’t technically part of the goal 😉 )
- Write a little bit every (Mostly finished. I missed two days due to busyness and being stuck)
- Do something fun every day (I think I did this. I at least tried to.)
In August, I’m going to try something really hard. Something I haven’t done since about January 2013. I’m going to take about a month off of writing and editing and basically anything book related. HELP! I do have a novella I need to do an edit of, but that should only take a day or two. Then I’m going to concentrate on packing, sewing, wedding planning, and whatever else I need to do to be ready for marriage.
So my goals for August are:
- Make veil
- Make decorations
- Pack everything
- Move most things to Bill’s
- Read some marriage-y books
- Read a fun book
- Finalize Gestern blog tour
- Sew a couple other things (undecided as to what they are yet)
- Have fun at the Bridal Showers
- Try to relax a little bit
- Finish wedding favors
And there you have it. Any advice? What about your goals? I love hearing from you, so feel free to share.