I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I think I’ve done it before, but the questions are always different, so it’s fun each time. I hope you enjoy reading it.
- What are two superpowers you wish you had? (one practical and one extremely ridiculous!) My practical superpower would be real eyes in the back of my head so I can keep tabs on whomever I need to. The not-so-practical superpower would be invisibility. I’ve always thought it would be fun to be a fly on the wall in some meetings or something, so invisibility is about the closest I could get to that.
- Are you currently writing a book? Share a little about it! No, I am not currently writing a book. I am currently writing one book and editing four others. Since I’m not ready to talk about the one I’m writing I’ll talk about the one I’m editing that is closest to publication. He Leadeth Me is the fourth and last in the Orphans of the West Series. It is about Gage Wilhelm and what he does after receiving the deed to his father’s farm. One of my beta-readers loved one of the relationships especially since it had some extra ups and downs many don’t have in books.
- What is one piece of poetry that, when you read it, you go “oh my word that is me!”? Um, well, basically the only poetry I’ve read is the book of Psalms. And there are a few that make me feel that way, but especially Psalm 4:1: “Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; be gracious to me and hear my prayer.” There have been times when I felt that way.
- What/who inspired you to start writing? That was so long ago, I really don’t know for sure. My mom, maybe?
- Weirdest quote from a project of yours? These is only “weird” because it’s between two sisters:”Em, I know you are mad at me, but I’ve been trying to get a hold of you for years now.”
Emmie turned around and glared at her. “Did you ever think that I changed my phone number for that very reason?”
- Is there a book universe that you totally would visit, if possible? Ilyon from Jaye L. Knight’s Ilyon Chronicles series, but only after things get resolved. 😉
- What is your most prized possession? Why? I would have to say my wedding ring because of the symbolism it holds as well as the fact that it means I am married to the most wonderful man on earth!
- Who in your life has been the most influential when it comes to your faith journey? I would have to say my mom is. She was my schoolteacher throughout my life and she brought in the Bible in so many places, it was impossible NOT to grow.
- What is the best movie you’ve ever seen? What did you love about it? Unidentified by Five and Two Pictures. I love it because of all the varying viewpoints they bring into the storyline while still keeping it Christian. I think the best part of the movie, though, is the fact that the main character is a struggling Christian. Someone who ends up not being sure he was ever truly saved to begin with.
- What is the best piece of advice for writers you’ve heard? Stick with it. There will always be tough times in writing and especially editing. But if you stick with it, eventually you will reap the rewards for your effort.
- What would you describe your writing style like? I’m going to steal my mom’s description of my writing style. It’s somewhere between Janette Oke and Laura Ingalls Wilder.