I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I think I’ve done it before, but the questions are always different, so it’s fun each time. I hope you enjoy reading it.
, I want to thank Madeleine at The Introverted Raconteur
for the tag a couple weeks ago. It was fun to read her post.
Now onto the questions!!!
Madeleine asked some tough, but fun questions. Here they are with my answers.
- What are two superpowers you wish you had? (one practical and one extremely ridiculous!) My practical superpower would be real eyes in the back of my head so I can keep tabs on whomever I need to. The not-so-practical superpower would be invisibility. I’ve always thought it would be fun to be a fly on the wall in some meetings or something, so invisibility is about the closest I could get to that.
- Are you currently writing a book? Share a little about it! No, I am not currently writing a book. I am currently writing one book and editing four others. Since I’m not ready to talk about the one I’m writing I’ll talk about the one I’m editing that is closest to publication. He Leadeth Me is the fourth and last in the Orphans of the West Series. It is about Gage Wilhelm and what he does after receiving the deed to his father’s farm. One of my beta-readers loved one of the relationships especially since it had some extra ups and downs many don’t have in books.
- What is one piece of poetry that, when you read it, you go “oh my word that is me!”? Um, well, basically the only poetry I’ve read is the book of Psalms. And there are a few that make me feel that way, but especially Psalm 4:1: “Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; be gracious to me and hear my prayer.” There have been times when I felt that way.
- What/who inspired you to start writing? That was so long ago, I really don’t know for sure. My mom, maybe?
- Weirdest quote from a project of yours? These is only “weird” because it’s between two sisters:”Em, I know you are mad at me, but I’ve been trying to get a hold of you for years now.”
Emmie turned around and glared at her. “Did you ever think that I changed my phone number for that very reason?”
- Is there a book universe that you totally would visit, if possible? Ilyon from Jaye L. Knight’s Ilyon Chronicles series, but only after things get resolved. 😉
- What is your most prized possession? Why? I would have to say my wedding ring because of the symbolism it holds as well as the fact that it means I am married to the most wonderful man on earth!
- Who in your life has been the most influential when it comes to your faith journey? I would have to say my mom is. She was my schoolteacher throughout my life and she brought in the Bible in so many places, it was impossible NOT to grow.
- What is the best movie you’ve ever seen? What did you love about it? Unidentified by Five and Two Pictures. I love it because of all the varying viewpoints they bring into the storyline while still keeping it Christian. I think the best part of the movie, though, is the fact that the main character is a struggling Christian. Someone who ends up not being sure he was ever truly saved to begin with.
- What is the best piece of advice for writers you’ve heard? Stick with it. There will always be tough times in writing and especially editing. But if you stick with it, eventually you will reap the rewards for your effort.
- What would you describe your writing style like? I’m going to steal my mom’s description of my writing style. It’s somewhere between Janette Oke and Laura Ingalls Wilder.
It’s that time of year. The time for buying presents, making wish lists, and planning New Year’s Resolutions. If any of those activities involve books for you, Indie Christian Books has a perfect event for you.
From Nov 24th through Nov 30th, a huge selection of independently published Christian books are on sale. You can find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if your budget is depleted from Christmas shopping, we have some freebies for you! Need even more of a reason to support indie authors and fill your shelf with good stories? When you purchase a paperback book through indiechristianbooks.com you’ll be eligible to enter an exclusive giveaway including free books and an Amazon gift card! Continue reading
So you may have noticed that I never posted about my October goals. I’ve been rather busy and totally spaced it. So here it is October 20th and I decided to combine my October and November goals. But first, a review and report of my September goals:
- Have fun (shouldn’t be hard) DONE!
- Get used to married life at least a little DONE (and it’s great!)!
- Start Ta’Mara’s blog tour set up We postponed it to January, so no
- Edit Sing the Wondrous Story DONE!
- Edit He Hideth My Soul DONE! (started)
- Figure out cleaning schedule for my new house DONE!
- Read three or more books, not counting the audiobooks Bill and I are bringing I think I only read two and we didn’t listen to any audiobooks…
It’s been a crazy month and I don’t think November is going to be much different, but I do still have some goals so here they are:
- Edit He Hideth My Soul 3 times and send to proofreaders
- Start typing up He Leadeth Me
- Review all books/audiobooks read or listened to
- Prep and set-up four blog tours
- Run two 3-day word wars
- Stay on top of everything for the house
What goals do you have for these two months?
Title: Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married
Written By: Gary Chapman
Recommended Ages: 16 & up
I have read two if Gary Chapman’s books before (The Five Love Languages and Five Love Languages for Singles) and enjoyed them. When my friend gave my fiance and I this book, I knew I wanted to read it before our wedding. I’m glad I did. We had already talked about many of the things Gary mentions in his book, but there were a few that I think will be very helpful for us as we get married and move past the “tingles.” Continue reading
Welcome to the 3-2-1 Write! Blog Party! When Rebekah and Kate asked me to join, I was super excited because this theme is right up my alley. I hope you enjoy the party as much as I do.
What is the party? Me and five other authors are partnering together to share our 3 favorite writing books, 2 pieces of advice, and 1 favorite writing tool. We’re also doing a couple of giveaways. The grand prize winner gets a paperback copy of The Emotion Thesaurus and a $5 Amazon gift card. Then there will be 6 other prizes given out. One commenter from each blog will be chosen to receive an eBook compiled by Rebekah Morris and Kate Willis. You can enter the grand prize giveaway here. When you enter you get the chance to win a great prize package:
- Paper copy of The Emotion Thesaurus
- $5.00 Amazon Gift Card
- Free Cover Design by Victoria Lynn
- $30 Blog Tour Orchestration by Faith Blum
- Free Edit of up to 5,000 words by Erika Mathews
Ten clean indie authors. Sixteen gripping stories. One HUGE giveaway.
Enter below for your chance to win 16 books plus a $100 Amazon card.
Click to Tweet
As The Ash Fell
by AJ Powers
Taking care of ten kids was the last thing Clay Whitaker expected by his twentieth birthday. Then again, after acclimating to the volatile nature of life in the Texan frozen wastelands, he’s not surprised by much anymore. That is, until he meets Kelsey Lambert. Now, with a brutal winter rolling in earlier than ever, Clay must swiftly adapt to the changes in his life to ensure the safety of those he cares about. Continue reading
It’s that time of year. The time for buying presents, making wish lists, and planning New Year’s Resolutions. If any of those activities involve books for you, Indie Christian Authors has a perfect event for you.
From Nov 27 (that’s today!) through Nov 30th, more than 70 independent Christian books are on sale. You can find free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals, and more! And if your budget is depleted from Christmas shopping, they’ve got you covered with some freebies
Think 70 books is overwhelming? Narrow it down and find the perfect books for you or someone on your Christmas list by using this quiz to generate a customized book list.>
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?
A note on the Ebooks Only page. All books are listed as “Sold Out.” This only refers to paperback copies of these titles. Please click onto the product pages to find descriptions and links to discounted or free ebooks.
Acknowledgements: Thanks to Leah E. Good for her work organizing this sale, Gloria Repp for completing the time consuming job of uploading book info to the sale website, and Hannah Mills for her fantastic design work on the website graphics. Hannah can be contacted at hmills(at)omorecollege(dot)edu for more information about her design services.