2 facts about tomorrow: First, I turn a year older tomorrow. This is both exciting and a little frightening at the same time. I am coming ever closer to turning a quarter of a century old. I’m not quite there yet, but it’s a frightening thought. I know, for those of you who are older than 25, that sounds like I’m a spring chicken. But for me, it’s a little scarier. Do you remember when you were getting close to 25? We each go through phases like this. Second, my second book is being released to the general public. Today is the last day the Kindle version will be available for preorder and also the last day it will be available for only $0.99 (until I do another promo). Tomorrow the book will be available for purchase and have a higher price tag. If you want to read the book for a cheaper price buy it now. I also have my proof copy for the paperback in my possession. It looks gorgeous! And I just read through it all yesterday (I know, I’m bad) and there were just four minor issues. Once those are resolved early this week, I’ll be able approve the proof and it will be available to order shortly after that. In other words, if you preorder your autographed copy, I’ll be able to ship the book to you absolutely no later than the week before Thanksgiving! Autographed copies are just $10.00 + shipping. This blog post is set up in 2’s, 4’s, and 24’s. I think you can probably guess why. 😉 Continue reading
I have been awarded the Sunflower award by Sarah from the Stardust and Gravel blog.
What is that?
Thanks for asking! The Sunflower award is when a blogger tags you to be a part of a fun blog event. All you have to do is give 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions from the awardee, tag 11 more bloggers, and give those bloggers 11 more questions to answer. Sounds fun, right? I sure hope so! Here we go!
11 random facts about me. This could be interesting. 😛
- I like to write fiction, but I very rarely am able to write poetry. Even when I can, it isn’t very good.
- My favorite genre is Historical Fiction, unless it comes to movies. Most Historical Fiction movies that I have seen are either too glamorized, too unrealistic, or too gory to watch.
- I have successfully helped install two laminate floors and done two others almost all by myself.
- I am a very untypical female. I can live without chocolate and I don’t like to go shopping, unless it is for material or some other craft thing.
- Each book I have written so far has been written in a different way somehow. Either it has been in a different tense, a different person, or not written straight through from beginning to end.
- I know, or know of, FOUR Andrew’s who all have the same middle name. What’s with that, anyway?
- I drink lots of water and bring a water bottle pretty much everywhere.
- I wear skirts or dresses all the time unless I am helping to unload hay.
- I don’t like most of the contemporary Christian music.
- Since it is summer, I may as well include this fact that nobody will probably care about. I don’t tan. At all. Ever. All I do is burn and peel.
- I just discovered (yesterday) a very successful, at least for me, way to edit my books. (More on this in a later post)
1. What’s the last sentence you wrote in a story?
God knew my vision before I did and made it more than I had ever thought possible.
2. What was the last movie you watched?
Parent Trap (the old one with Hayley Mills)
3. Do you have a favorite quote?
“I don’t believe in coincidences, only God-incidences.”-a pastor I heard somewhere
4. Favorite food?
Without a doubt, it would be Lasagna.
5. Have you ever seen a shooting star?
I think I have, but I can’t remember for sure.
6. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have three books, which would you bring?
Some sort of herbal and/or plant identification book, Resistance by Jaye L. Knight, and The Holy Bible
7. In real life, which appeals to you more: futuristic, modern, or old-fashioned?
Old-fashioned with a slight mix of modern. There are some modern conveniences that are quite nice to have, but I do prefer a lot of the old-fashioned clothes, styles, and lifestyles.
8. In fiction, which appeals to you more: futuristic, modern, or old-fashioned? (Other worlds count.)
Old-fashioned. I like to read about what things were like back then.
9. What’s the strangest thing hanging on your wall in your room?
I have a nice little line up of 1 foot square crates hanging on my wall to hold various things including old pairs of glasses, head scarves, and my camera.
10. What’s your favorite bird?
Bald Eagles. They are so majestic and pretty.
11. Robin Hood or King Arthur?
Robin Hood. I’ve probably read at least two different versions of the story and seen at least three different versions of the movie. As much as the King Arthur legend fascinates me, the magic that is usually in it repels me more than the history draws me in.
My 11 tagged Bloggers
11 Questions for the bloggers
- What is your favorite kind of tree?
- Do you prefer tea or coffee or neither?
- What is your favorite social media site?
- What is the last sentence you wrote in a story?
- Who is your favorite historical figure and why?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- If you could live in any time period (past, present, or future) what would you choose?
- What is your favorite book to re-read (besides the Bible)
- What genre do you read most?
- What is the best movie you have ever watched?