Time sure does fly. It seems like only yesterday that January started and now it’s ending already. . I just realized I never posted my January goals. Sorry about that. First, I’ll list my January goals and how I did with them and then I’ll share my February goals. Continue reading
Last Sunday, December 31, Pastor Stephen preached a sermon entitled, Have a Fruitful New Year. It was the perfect sermon. The sermon was based on John 15:1-8 and talked about abiding in Christ so we can bear fruit for Him. After the news we got the Thursday before, I needed to hear it.
Here are some of my favorite points from the sermon, summarized by me.
There are two different kinds of people. Those who bear no fruit and those who do bear fruit. Continue reading
Happy New Year! It’s been quite a year. I didn’t quite reach all of my goals, but I had a few distractions like a courtship, engagement, planning a wedding, and getting married. I’ll post my 2018 goals later this month. But for now, I have my January goals:
Write 1,000 words per day T&O
Tammy’s blog tour
Finish edit #1 HLM
Send HLM to betas
‘Tis So Sweet blog tour
Edit #6 HHMS
Send HHMS to formatters
Finish anthology edits
Start working on Ta’Mara’s blog tour
How was your 2017? What kinds of goals do you have for this month?
So you may have noticed that I never posted about my October goals. I’ve been rather busy and totally spaced it. So here it is October 20th and I decided to combine my October and November goals. But first, a review and report of my September goals:
- Have fun (shouldn’t be hard) DONE!
- Get used to married life at least a little DONE (and it’s great!)!
- Start Ta’Mara’s blog tour set up We postponed it to January, so no
- Edit Sing the Wondrous Story DONE!
- Edit He Hideth My Soul DONE! (started)
- Figure out cleaning schedule for my new house DONE!
- Read three or more books, not counting the audiobooks Bill and I are bringing I think I only read two and we didn’t listen to any audiobooks…
It’s been a crazy month and I don’t think November is going to be much different, but I do still have some goals so here they are:
- Edit He Hideth My Soul 3 times and send to proofreaders
- Start typing up He Leadeth Me
- Review all books/audiobooks read or listened to
- Prep and set-up four blog tours
- Run two 3-day word wars
- Stay on top of everything for the house
What goals do you have for these two months?
Today is the first day of September. Where did the time go? Tomorrow I start a new chapter in my life. The title? Married Woman. I’m a bit scared, but not really nervous. I know God’s been in control of this entire journey and He will continue to be as long as Bill and I keep Him at the center of our lives.
That being said, I’d like to reflect a bit on August and then move on to my September goals. There will be quite a few pictures.
- Make veil (DONE!)
- Make decorations (DONE!)
- Pack everything (DONE!)
- Move most things to Bill’s (DONE!)
- Read some marriage-y books (DONE!)
- Read a fun book (DONE! I actually read more than one)
- Finalize Gestern blog tour (DONE!)
- Sew a couple other things (undecided as to what they are yet) (DONE!)
- Have fun at the Bridal Showers (DONE!)
- Try to relax a little bit (DONE!)
- Finish wedding favors (DONE!)
It’s been a busy, but productive month. The best part is that everything went smoothly and here, the day before the wedding, I am barely stressed. Praise God!
I’m honeymooning for about two weeks, so my goals will be fairly minimal, but here they are:
- Have fun (shouldn’t be hard)
- Get used to married life at least a little
- Start Ta’Mara’s blog tour set up
- Edit Sing the Wondrous Story
- Edit He Hideth My Soul
- Figure out cleaning schedule for my new house
- Read three or more books, not counting the audiobooks Bill and I are bringing
Can you believe it’s almost August? And yes, I am posting this a day early. Because I have a post going up tomorrow that I didn’t want to overshadow. And I have time today, but not much tomorrow.
I actually completed all my goals in July!
- Write 15,000 words in Sing the Wondrous Story (or until it’s done) (DONE! Finished with 17,633 for the month)
- Complete two tour orchestrations (Only did one because the other person bowed out)
- Read something for fun (DONE! And reviewed it here)
- Sew wedding dress (FINISHED!!!! Except the veil, but that wasn’t technically part of the goal 😉 )
- Write a little bit every (Mostly finished. I missed two days due to busyness and being stuck)
- Do something fun every day (I think I did this. I at least tried to.)
In August, I’m going to try something really hard. Something I haven’t done since about January 2013. I’m going to take about a month off of writing and editing and basically anything book related. HELP! I do have a novella I need to do an edit of, but that should only take a day or two. Then I’m going to concentrate on packing, sewing, wedding planning, and whatever else I need to do to be ready for marriage.
So my goals for August are:
- Make veil
- Make decorations
- Pack everything
- Move most things to Bill’s
- Read some marriage-y books
- Read a fun book
- Finalize Gestern blog tour
- Sew a couple other things (undecided as to what they are yet)
- Have fun at the Bridal Showers
- Try to relax a little bit
- Finish wedding favors
And there you have it. Any advice? What about your goals? I love hearing from you, so feel free to share.
Can you believe another month is here? I know I can’t! It seems like just yesterday I wrote up my goals for June. A lot has happened, and I’m not just saying that tritely. A LOT has happened. In fact, it was something life-changing. Continue reading