As I prepared to publish this novella, I felt very rusty. And then I realized why. The last book I published was All the Way My Savior Leads back in MAY! That is a long time for me in recent years. It’s good to be back in the publishing realm again.
My current book was inspired by a couple of minor characters who first showed up in Lily of the Valley. It was first published in an anthology I was part of entitled Where the Light May Lead. I have since updated and edited it. A few things are different, but not many. And all the changes were made after I started writing He Hideth My Soul (Orphans of the West #3)
And now here we are. I am excited to present this novella. It was fun to write and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Of course, as with all of my blog tours, there is a giveaway, so make sure you scroll through and enter it. I’m also including an exclusive excerpt you won’t want to miss. But first, here’s a little bit about the book.
About the Book
Trusting God is hard
Eleanor Miller has never lacked for anything, but she wanted to become a schoolteacher anyway to instill the love of learning into other children. Unlike what happened with her brother, Grover.
Grover hated school and authority. He rebelled any change he could. When he almost killed a man, their family was torn apart and he was disowned.
Eleanor understands her father’s decision, but she worries she will never see Grover again. Will she find out how sweet it is to trust Jesus in everything no matter what happens or will she stop trusting Him completely?
Buy on your favorite eBook platform: http://books2read.com/TisSoSweet Continue reading
Can you believe it’s almost August? And yes, I am posting this a day early. Because I have a post going up tomorrow that I didn’t want to overshadow. And I have time today, but not much tomorrow.
I actually completed all my goals in July!
- Write 15,000 words in Sing the Wondrous Story (or until it’s done) (DONE! Finished with 17,633 for the month)
- Complete two tour orchestrations (Only did one because the other person bowed out)
- Read something for fun (DONE! And reviewed it here)
- Sew wedding dress (FINISHED!!!! Except the veil, but that wasn’t technically part of the goal 😉 )
- Write a little bit every (Mostly finished. I missed two days due to busyness and being stuck)
- Do something fun every day (I think I did this. I at least tried to.)
In August, I’m going to try something really hard. Something I haven’t done since about January 2013. I’m going to take about a month off of writing and editing and basically anything book related. HELP! I do have a novella I need to do an edit of, but that should only take a day or two. Then I’m going to concentrate on packing, sewing, wedding planning, and whatever else I need to do to be ready for marriage.
So my goals for August are:
- Make veil
- Make decorations
- Pack everything
- Move most things to Bill’s
- Read some marriage-y books
- Read a fun book
- Finalize Gestern blog tour
- Sew a couple other things (undecided as to what they are yet)
- Have fun at the Bridal Showers
- Try to relax a little bit
- Finish wedding favors
And there you have it. Any advice? What about your goals? I love hearing from you, so feel free to share.