Jaye L. Knight’s newest novel, Samara’s Peril, has been released! Samara’s Peril is the third book in the Christian fantasy series, Ilyon Chronicles. Read about it below and be sure to check out the other blog stops on the tour by visiting the official tour page. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
About the Book
When news arrives that Emperor Daican has been in contact with his chief war strategist, it signals potential doom for the country of Samara. Determined to intervene, the resistance in Landale, headed by Lady Anne, embark on a covert mission in hopes of unearthing further information. However, a shocking discovery leads to complications no one could have foreseen.
Armed with their newfound knowledge, they set out for Samara to warn the king. War is inevitable, and they must face two desperate battles—one on the walls of Samara’s great stronghold, and the other on the battlefield of Jace’s heart, where victory might only be achievable through great sacrifice.
About the Author
Jaye L. Knight is an award-winning author, homeschool graduate, and shameless tea addict with a passion for Christian fantasy. Armed with an active imagination and love for adventure, Jaye weaves stories of truth, faith, and courage with the message that even in the deepest darkness, God’s love shines as a light to offer hope. She has been penning stories since the age of eight and resides in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
You can connect with Jaye on her website, blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Etsy.
Share in the excitement of the release and enter to win a themed giveaway pack! Prizes include an autographed copy of Samara’s Peril, a John 3:16 necklace by FaithWearDesigns, and a green wire dragon bookmark by Wirelings! (Giveaway is open to US residents only. Cannot be shipped internationally.)
I have read all of Jaye’s books thus far and this one is by far my favorite as each character matures even further. I can’t say much more without putting spoilers in. Read the book and you’ll see what I mean.
As always, Jaye does a great job with the characters in the development as they mature and go through some challenging circumstances. I really wish I could say more, but I can’t without revealing too much.
All of the dialogue was well placed and well written.
The plot. There’s so much I could say about the plot, but for fear of spoiling the story for you, I won’t say more than this. The plot of this book continues the story perfectly as Jace, Kyrin, and everybody else fight battles both within and without.
Overall writing quality: 1/1
After everything I’ve already said, did you except me to say the writing quality was bad? We are talking about Jaye’s books after all, and this one does not disappoint.
It’s been a while since I read the book, but from what I can recall, it was very difficult to put down, especially as I got closer and closer to the end.
Read the book. I don’t say this often, but this time I can’t resist. Trust me, this book is well worth the time to read.
“I think she’s in love with you.”
Kaden shot Trev a dark look in answer to his amused tone and grin. Though Jace tried, he couldn’t hold back his own amusement, even if it was at Kaden’s expense. He was just glad he wasn’t the one Tina had set her sights on. He wasn’t equipped to handle that awkward situation.
Kaden grumbled under his breath and sat down hard on his bed, where he flopped back against the pillow.
Aaron leaned casually against the doorframe. “She’s quite a talker.”
Kaden scrubbed his hands over his face and released a low groan. “If I have to hide in this room the whole time we’re here, I’ll lose my mind.”
“Not as fast as you would out there.” Aaron gestured over his shoulder, earning a chorus of chuckles.
Grabbing the pillow, Kaden chucked it at him. “A lot of help you are.”
As Aaron bent down for it, Rayad returned to the room from meeting with Anne and Kyrin. The mood changed immediately, and Jace straightened. He needed to know about Kyrin. He hadn’t slept well last night, not knowing for sure if she was safe. How could he protect her if he couldn’t even be on the same floor as her?
Friday, May 13
- Tour Introduction at Jaye L. Knight
- Review at Pencils Can Change the World
- Book Spotlight at Fictionally
- Review and Author Interview at Written Rest
- Review at However Improbable
- Review at Meagan Davenport
- Review and Excerpt at Gabrielle-Soli Deo Gloria
Saturday, May 14
- Author Interview and Excerpt at And Then There Were Three
- Review and Author Interview at Lakeside Publications
- Review and Author Interview at Reviews by Soleil
- Review and Author Interview at Red Lettering
- Author Interview at alivemasterpiece
- Review at Sutori no Hana
- Book Spotlight at Fishing For Ideas
Sunday, May 15
- Review and Excerpt at Melody Jackson, Author
- Book Spotlight at God’s Peculiar Treasure Rae
- Review at The World Of The Writer
- Review and Author Interview at Running In His Reign
- Review and Excerpt at Inklings and Notions
- Review at My Bookcase and I
Monday, May 16
- Review at Reality Calling
- Review at Backing Books
- Review and Excerpt at Haddie’s Haven
- Book Spotlight and Excerpt at Rachel Rossano’s Words
- Review and Excerpt at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
- Review and Author Interview at A Heart Redeemed
Tuesday, May 17
- Review and Author Interview at Reading Anyone
- Review and Author Interview at Honey Rock Hills
- Author Interview at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Review at Shire Reviews
- Review and Author Interview at 26CountlessPossibilities
- Excerpt at The Overactive Imagination
Wednesday, May 18
- Review and Excerpt at Thriving Hope
- Book Spotlight at The Destiny of One
- Book Spotlight at Letters from Annie Douglass Lima
- Book Spotlight at The Writer’s Window
- Review at To Be A Person
- Author Interview at Leah’s Bookshelf
Thursday, May 19
- Review at A Writer’s Heart
- Review and Author Interview at Scattered Journal Pages
- Review and Excerpt at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings
- Review and Author Interview at Tricia Mingerink
- Review and Author Interview at The Book Hound
- Review at Scarlett! Reviews
- Author Interview at Knitted By God’s Plan
Friday, May 20
- Book Spotlight at ♦ A Sapphire Chamber ♦
- Review at Leah’s Bookshelf
- Review at Looking Through My Lens
- Review and Author Interview at Zerina Blossom’s Books
- Review and Author Interview at The Warrior and the Writer
- Review and Author Interview at Thoughts of Anna S. Brie
Saturday, May 21
- Tour Conclusion at Jaye L. Knight